Following completion of the entertainment law or sports law courses, you will have the opportunity to compete for highly selective externships at high-profile sports and entertainment institutions that have partnered with the academy. You may also conduct independent legal research, which in past years has been for the benefit of the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, and other sports and entertainment sponsors, under the guidance of the Academy co-directors.
Partner institutions include
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Lake County Captains
- Counsel for Mid-American Conference
- SPIRE Institute, an Olympic Training Site
- Cleveland State University Athletic Department/Global Spectrum
- Cleveland State University Athletic Department
- Case Western Reserve University Office of General Counsel & Athletic Department
- Dietz Trott Sports & Entertainment Management
- Historical Basketball League Enterprises, Inc.
- Vuguru Studios
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission
*Students are able to arrange an externship with institutions beyond our partners, pending approval from the Academy Directors.